Health: Delhi Lt Governor’s “Take Back” Order On Covid Curbs Cases On Migrants

The Lt Governor has likewise guided the Delhi Police to record a conclusion report in 10 comparable cases including in excess of 100 traveler workers.

Delhi Lieutenant Governor V K Saxena has supported the withdrawal of 15 bodies of evidence against 64 transient workers for abusing lockdown measures during the pandemic, an authority explanation said on Tuesday.


These cases were enrolled by the Delhi government’s Directorate of Prosecution, it said.

As per the assertion, Mr Saxena has likewise guided the Delhi Police to record a conclusion report in 10 comparative cases including in excess of 100 transient workers.

Taking an others conscious and contemplated view that these infringement committed by unfortunate travelers were basically negligible in nature and in a circumstance of outrageous trouble, Mr Saxena accepted this choice will save them from “pointless badgering and going around”, an authority said.

In accordance with the Supreme Court’s judgment dated June 9, the Lt Governor has taken this view remembering the defenseless state of the travelers in the public capital during the pandemic, a considerable lot of whom had lost their jobs and couldn’t bear the cost of their rents and existential requirements, he said.

43 such cases under Section (51) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, and different offenses were recorded against the traveler workers for supposedly disregarding proportions of the lockdown by continuing on the streets.

Of these, 18 have proactively been discarded and chosen by the courts. In 15 situations where chargesheets have previously been documented in the courts, the Lt Governor has requested the withdrawal of arraignment, and in the excess 10 situations where Chargesheets are yet to be recorded or denounced are untraced, the LG has requested that the Delhi Police record a conclusion report.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: