Sports Formula 1: Oscar Piastri denies he will drive for Alpine next season

Aston Martin on Monday marked the 41-year-old Fernando Alonso, a double cross best on the planet, to supplant Sebastian Vettel.

Oscar Piastri said Tuesday he won’t drive for Alpine next season, only a short time after the Formula One group advanced the Australian hold driver to supplant Fernando Alonso.

Alonso amazed the group Monday when he informed Alpine he’ll move to Aston Martin one year from now. Elevated required only one day to report it would advance its kid maturing ability to race close by Esteban Ocon in 2023.

However, the Melbourne local said that is not occurring.

“I figure out that, without my Understanding, Alpine F1 have put out an official statement late this midday that I am driving for them one year from now. This is off-base and I have not marked an agreement with Alpine for 2023. I won’t be driving for Alpine one year from now,” he composed on Twitter.

Elevated’s news discharge had excluded any remarks from Piastri. There has been hypothesis that the ongoing F2 champion was chipping away at a more ideal arrangement with another group.

In Alpine’s declaration, group head Otmar Szafnauer said Piastri is “a brilliant and uncommon ability” who is “more than fit for making the stride up to Formula 1.”

Aston Martin on Monday marked the 41-year-old Alonso, a double cross title holder, to supplant Sebastian Vettel, who reported his retirement last week. Alonso’s agreement with Alpine was finishing this season.

It’s been a feverish six days of F1 “senseless season” that opened in front of the Hungarian Grand Prix with Vettel declaring he’ll resign toward the year’s end.

High said Alonso had not given the group any sign he was leaving as late as Sunday night after the race, and the Piastri advancement was immediately declared.

Williams, in the interim, said American driver Logan Sargeant will make his F1 debut when he runs the principal practice meeting at the United States Grand Prix in the not so distant future. Sargeant, a flow F2 driver from Florida, will be the main American to partake in a F1 weekend since Alexander Rossi in 2015.

Snow capped said Piastri has previously been going through “a concentrated and extensive preparation program” this season to “set him up for the following enormous step” into F1.

“As our save driver he has been Presented to the group at the track, processing plant and testing where he has shown the development, commitment and speed to guarantee his advancement to our second seat close by Esteban,” Szafnauer said. “Together, we accept the pair will give us the coherence we want to accomplish our longterm objective of trying for comes out on top for and titles.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

error: